We partnered with Elle Bee of Crafterward to create a DIY pillow inspired by “So Long, Farewell” in THE SOUND OF MUSIC! This pillow is an especially great craft to make together as a family – so grab your supplies, pop on the movie or listen to the soundtrack and have fun creating together!
1. Pillowcase and pillow
2. Black felt letters (you can purchase pre-cut felt letters, cut them yourself or use a cutting machine if you have one)
3. Brown, pink, blue, yellow, green, beige, grey and white felt
5. Fabric glue and glue gun
6. Orange and yellow mini pom-poms
1. If you didn't purchase pre-cut felt letters, cut out your own so that they spell, "So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, good night..."
2. Next, cut out the pieces that will make up the corners of your pillow. You will need 4 hearts and 4 three-leafed pieces.
3. With your blue felt, cut out a blue background.
4. Cut out a moon, some stars, two green hills and a guitar as decorations.
5. Cut three mountain shapes out of grey felt. Then cut out white "snow" pieces. Don't glue the snow on just yet!
6. Arrange your pieces onto your pillowcase, then glue them on with fabric glue once you're happy with how they look. Don't glue the letters on just yet!
7. Using a hot glue gun, add mini pom-poms to your hills so that they look like flowers.
8. Complete your pillowcase by arranging and gluing your felt letters on with fabric glue. Put your pillowcase over your pillow and you're all done!