We partnered with Oh Yay Studio to create this holiday garland inspired by “My Favorite Things.” This holiday season, make your next family movie night interactive with this fun DIY project. Simply download, print, color and cut!
Share your DIY garlands with us on social media using #SoundOfMusic
1. White cardstock
2. Green cardstock in various shades for the leaves
3. Markers, crayons or colored pencils for coloring
6. String or yarn for garland
7. Optional hole punch
1. Download and print one the PDF templates below.
2. Color and cut out the doodles and cut out a handful of the magnolia leaves in shades of green cardstock. Add details to your leaves with colored pencils, markers or crayons.
3. Prepare the leaves by folding over the top portion along the dashed line and then “rolling” the leaves back and forth along the length to add dimension and curl to their shape. Cut your string to the desired length and begin gluing on the leaves and doodles in any pattern or arrangement.
4. Overlap the leaves to make the garland look full. Do this by starting at the bottom and working your way upwards. You can even glue the leaves directly ONTO the string and glue them to one another to be sure they stay in place if you’d like.
5. Now you are ready to hang your garland in your bedroom, along your mantle even as an adornment to your doorway or tree! As an alternative craft, you can decorate the graphics and use a hole punch to make them into ornaments for your tree or gift toppers for your favorite “The Sound of Music” fan.