We partnered with The Maternal Hobbyist, Misty Hill, to create these educational music activities inspired by “Do-Re-Mi”! Make your next family movie night interactive with these free The Sound of Music printable activities for different age ranges. Simply download, print and cut!
1. The Sound of Music printable pages
2. Pages of 8.5 x 11 white cardstock
3. White printer paper
6. Crayons or markers
“Do-Re-Mi” Worksheet Instructions:
- Using printer paper, print page 2 from The Sound of Music printable
- The von Trapp children are playing tricks again. Can you fill in the missing words they took?
“Do-Re-Mi” Flash Cards Instructions:
- Using a sheet of 8.5 x 11 white cardstock, print and cut out the 8 “Do-Re-Mi” Cards, from page 3, along the black lines
- You can use these flashcards to practice learning the notes in order
The Sound of Music Pattern Activity Instructions:
- First download and print pages 4 and 5 onto printer paper
- Cut out the images along the lines from page 4
- Use those images to complete the patterns on page 5
- Now that you have completed all the patterns, can you use the images to create your own patterns?
Solfege Hand Signs Instructions:
- Page 6 explains how to make the solfege hand signs with your own hands
- Page 7 introduces younger children to the solfege hand signs. Print and have them color each hand sign. Then practice learning each hand sign together as a family
- Page 8 includes the printable solfege hand signs in Color
- For a more advanced activity, use page 9 to practice the solfege hand signs while singing along to “Do-Re-Mi!”